Vote on November 8, 2011.
This year’s election is an off. Year. An “off-off” year to be more specific. Which means our votes matter more – because fewer of us vote.
In 2010, 2,493 people voted in the Hurt-Perriello race.
In 2009, 1,740 people voted in the McDonnell-Deeds race.
Just think – this year you could be one of less than two thousand who vote. And by doing so, you can tell your non-voting friends who complain that they really should have voted.
Did you know that … This is a Sample Ballot for Crozet (pdf)
We have the opportunity to vote for representatives for: (read about all the candidates at The HooK)
– the Soil and Water Conservation Director for the Thomas Jefferson District? (three candidates)
– Board of Supervisor (Ann Mallek – incumbent/unopposed)
– School Board member (Barbara Massie Mouly – incumbent/unopposed)
– At-Large School Board Member (three candidates) –
I’m taking the rare opportunity to say that I’m voting for Ned Gallaway for school board for the following reasons:
– He has kids in County schools, he’s been active in the community, he reached out to me, he listens and I think he will do a great job in the position. Further, as I told him, I admire/think he’s insane for seeking this position while he’s in his prime – of his family, his career, his life – and he’s willing to dedicate himself to this role.
Frankly, I’d rather not have a school board representative (Cindi Burket) who has a Masters in Public Administration & a B.S. in Law Enforcement & Corrections.
And yes, I’m biased. I have two kids in Crozet schools – one at Crozet Elementary and one at Western. I think Ned will do a great job for us.