CCAC 4-14-14 – a three hour meeting, filled with tons of good information. Click through, scroll to the end of the tweets summary and get somewhat informed. I collected 152 tweets with the hashtag for this CCAC meeting, #CCAC0414, and submit them with only a couple comments:
- Thanks to the CCAC members for their volunteering.
- Thanks to the members of the public for attending. Please go next time, too.
- Update on the Barnes Lumberyard was interesting.
- The discussion on the brewery was frustrating.
- The Crozet Master Plan needs to be a guide; it was completed in a different world, a different economy, a different time.
- Growth is coming to Crozet; if the Crozet community doesn’t start to say “yes” to encourage some growth downtown, we aren’t likely to have the luxury to pick and choose when the time comes.
- It’s time for Crozet and Albemarle County to define what businesses they want. You can say no only so many times before businesses will stop asking.
- Retail and cute stores are neat and we all like them, but they’re generally low-paying and don’t offer the ladder career opportunities (like, say, a brewery or other large employer would).- I have an awful lot of opinions that don’t make it in “print;” curious? Let’s have coffee. Or beer.