via Albemarle’s A-Mail –
CROZET AVE NORTH SIDEWALK –
Work has been slightly delayed on this phase of the project because of rainy weather over the last several weeks. Please expect the following work over the next two weeks:
Week of May 23
- Temporary LANE CLOSURES will be required for three days starting Tuesday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., weather permitting, to install a manhole structure and stormwater piping at the Parrott Branch creek crossing. Vehicular traffic will be maintained in both directions one lane at a time. Expect and plan for delays, obey all instructions and signage, and use extra caution when passing through the work zone.
- The sidewalk will be CLOSED on these days while school is in session and will re-open in-time for the end of the school day.
- Waterline work will be completed with all new services activated this week.
Week of May 30
- No work will be performed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30th.
- Storm piping and structure installation will continue. This work may require temporary sidewalk interruptions but these interruptions will occur between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to maintain safe and convenient access for students
- Lane closures may be required, but traffic will be maintained in both directions one lane at a time. Expect and plan for delays, obey all instructions and signage, and u
se extra caution when passing through the work zone.
- Excavation and removal of soil will begin sometime over the next few weeks.
Please note this schedule is contingent on average weather projections and may be delayed if rain exceeds the average precipitation amounts.
The overall project schedule is as follows:
- August 17, 2016 – Substantial Completion for the Crozet Ave. N. sidewalk.
- August 22, 2016 – Start of construction for State Farm Blvd and South Pantops Dr. sidewalks.
- December 19, 2016 – Substantial Completion for the State Farm Blvd and South Pantops Drive sidewalks.
This project is funded through the VDOT Revenue Sharing program and is generally described as sidewalk improvements along State Farm Boulevard (SR 1117), South Pantops Drive (SR 1140), and Crozet Avenue N (SR 810).
Project updates will be distributed via email and posted at www.albemarle.org/newsroom. If you have specific questions about the project, please contact Frank Pohl, Senior Project Manager, Albemarle County Office of Facilities Development, by e-mail email@example.com, or by phone at(434) 872-4501 (ext. 7914).