- This event has passed.
Lake Front Film Series: Soul Food Junkies
August 24 @ 19:30 - 22:00$35
Join us for the first installment of a three-part outdoor film series including wine and food tastings, an educational talk by Leni Sorrensen, and a lake-front showing of the documentary film Soul Food Junkies. Suggested donations to benefit the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. Pre-registration required.
- Light soul food tastings of sweet potato tarts, collard greens and sweet tea
- Glasses and bottles of wine available for purchase from White Hall Vineyards
- Educational talk and introduction to the film by local culinary and cultural historian Leni Sorensen, who is also featured in the film.
- Outdoor showing of documentary film “Soul Food Junkies” at 8:30pm
- Sunset over the lake, fireflies, crickets, and more for a romantic evening in the mountains