via email –
A friendly reminder that tonight (Thursday, 3/8) is our CCA meeting at 7:30 PM at the Field School.
The tentative agenda is below and in this month’s Crozet Gazette.
I’m excited to say that Ms. Jennifer Hallock, Arcadia Preservation, LLC. (http://www.arcadiapreservation.com), will talk about the Crozet Historic District, its inventory, state application process, and advantages.
It’s important to note that the designation of the historic district imposes no costs or obligations on any property owners within the district. You can still do whatever you want with with it, within Albemarle County regulations.
So if you live in or near the district, I encourage you to come to tonight’s meeting and bring your neighbors! Not sure if you’re in or out of the district, see last months’ Crozet Gazette article, which includes a map.
Also, I want to alert you that last night the Planning Commission decided to combine the March 13 and March 20 meetings on March 20. Therefore, the discussions on industrial land needs and the urban and rural interchanges is being moved to March 20 at 6:00 p.m. in the Downtown County Office Building auditorium.
Please let me know if you have questions or need additional information or contact Elaine Echols, Principal Planner in Albemarle County’s Community Development department at [email protected] or 296-5823, ext. 3252.
Please plan to come tonight night, (3/8) at 7:30 PM at the Field School.Crozet Community Association (CCA) Meeting Tentative Agenda
March 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM at The Field School Auditorium
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of last meeting’s Minutes (January 12, 2012)
Treasurer’s Report (Emery Taylor) Annual dues are $10, payable tonight
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James) ?the debut of a seminal document in Crozet history?
Presentation: Ms. Jennifer Hallock, Arcadia Preservation, LLC. (http://www.arcadiapreservation.com), will talk about the Crozet Historic District, its inventory, state application process, and advantages. Followed by a question and answer period.
Updates and News from our supervisor, Ann Mallek
* Touch-up the murals in the underpass in first week of April (Meg West)
* Update on transferring CCA Bank of America account to BB&T (Emery Taylor)
* Vote on motion at January 12 meeting to make Emery Taylor the CCA?s agent for State Corporation Commission registration and annual filing. It was unanimously supported at the January. However our bylaws require a second vote at this meeting.
* Update on Crozet Library building project. (Bill Schrader)
* Other items?
* The CCA is helping with the Country Square Dance, March 9, at the Greenwood Community Center, from 7:30 to 10:30 PM. Uncle Henry?s Favorites will provide the music and Brad Saylor will call the dance. Admission is a donation to support the Crozet Historic District application to the state.
– Please help by bringing cider, water, cookies, finger food, and fruit. (Avoid things that need utensils or plates to be eaten).
– If you have questions, please contact Ann Mallek at 434-996-6159
* Annual spring community cleanup day March 24. CCA should help. (Lions: Karl Pomeroy)
* Multiple vacancies on the Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC). Apply at: http://albemarle.org/department.asp?department=bos&relpage=3206
or call the Board of Supervisor’s office at 296-5843
* Other items?
Comments and Questions?
* Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting next Thursday, March 15, at 7:00 PM at The Meadows. We encourage everyone to attend.
* Ann Mallek?s community input meetings:
– March 17 at 1:00 PM at the White Hall community center, with Steve Koleszar, Chair of the School Board;
– March 19 at 7:30 PM at the Meadows community center, with Ned Galloway and Eric Strucko, School Board members.
* Other items?
Future Agenda Items
Adjourn by 9:00 PM
Reminder: CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months.
Our next meeting is May 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium