- This event has passed.
October 5 Lake Front Film Series: Real Food the Southern Way- Benefit for the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
October 5, 2017 @ 19:30 - 22:00Free
Enjoy an evening at Montfair with our cherished local food historian Leni Sorensen of Albemarle County.
Local historian Leni Sorensen presents two films Dori and Whole Hog by award winning documentarian Joe York as part of his work for the Southern Foodways Alliance. Movie showing followed by a discussion on traditional growers and food producers and local food tastings?.
Suggested donation $15 benefits the local Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. Pre-registration required.
- Locally sourced food tastings of BBQ and sweet tastes of the season
- Vintage Virginia cider samplings
- Educational talk and discussion led by local culinary and cultural historian Leni Sorensen.
- Documentary film showing of Dori and Whole Hog at 8:30 pm
- For every $25.00 donation, one hundred meals will be provided for area families by the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank