- This event has passed.
Starr Hill Brewery Oktoberfest
October 10, 2015 @ 11:00 - 20:00$15.00
Starr Hill Brewery is bringing the Bavarian experience to Central Virginia! The Brewery will transform into a German Brauhaus, complete with Beer Hall and a Beer Garden. New and limited release German-style beers will be poured and paired with traditional food offerings, along with live music, games, and a great cause. Prost!
SPECIAL BEER RELEASES
We brewed up some special German-style beers to release just for Oktoberfest, including:
- *NEW* Helles Bock
- Festie Oktoberfest Lager
- Smoke Out Rauchbier
Also featuring other award-winning German-style and seasonal releases:
- The Love Hefeweizen
- Jomo Vienna-Style Lager
- Starr Pils German-Style Pilsner
- Debut #4: Czech Keller Pils
- Boxcarr Pumpkin Porter
- Debut #5: Maple Brown Ale
- & More!
Hang with brewers from the Starr Hill team for some informational talks covering the history of German brewing and beer styles.
A trio of local chefs will each prepare one recipe of savory German fare using locally sourced pork products from The Rock Barn and compete for the prize of top Oktoberfest dish. Featuring:
- Chef Curtis Shaver of Hamiltons’ at First & Main / Sandwich Lab
- Chef Harrison Keevil of Brookville Restaurant
- Chef Thomas Leroy of the new Kardinal Beer Hall
LIVE MUSIC & MORE
- Jon Spear Band will kick out the jams with some searing, funky blues
- Games of corn hole, or “schwartze loch”
- Raffles for great prizes
CHEERS FOR CHARITY
- $1 for every beer sold will be donated to Wintergreen Adaptive Sports
- Purchase tickets online or in the Tap Room
- $15 Advance / $17 Day of Event
- Three (3) tokens, each good for (1) full beer or (1) food tasting portion
- A limited edition 20-oz. Oktoberfest mug for the first 250 tickets sold
- Additional tokens for food and beer will be available for purchase during the event for $5.00.
- Children do not need an admission ticket to enter