Crozet is a fit place.
As frequently happens, I was answering a question for a buyer client moving to Crozet – “where are the gyms and yoga in Crozet?” I started rattling off the a litany of such places; that led to my asking the question on the Crozet FB page.
Crozet, while not a town, is becoming more and more self-sufficient; going to Charlottesville is less necessary (unless you know, for a job). I’m hoping that Perrone Robotics‘ move to downtown Crozet will be a big jumpstart for the “needing jobs in Crozet” aspect.**
That said … (let me know what I/we missed!)
Fitness/workout/healthy things to do in Crozet
- The Crozet Cycling Club
- Crozet Running
- Boot Camp for Real People at Crozet Park
- radFIT Training
- Zumba, yoga, martial arts at Greenwood Community Center
- Santosha Yoga Crozet at Piedmont Place
- Crozet YMCA
- + Master Swim team at YMCA
- The Polarity Barn (yoga, Nia)
- ACAC- Crozet
- Crozet Arts – Ballet, yoga
- Jazzercise Crozet
- DNA Movement – “we currently offer in-home/in-park personal and group training.”
- Foundations Pilates
- Crozet Trails Crew
- “I’m telling you! Crozet is more than just a suburban spot, it’s a fitness hot bed! A real selling point for the community. I think adding the Crozet Trails group too – they are a real asset adding tons of miles throughout the area.” (from FB)
- Western Workout Crew
- Mint Springs trails
- Perimeter trail at Crozet Park
- PT Plus
- Albemarle Ballet Theater
*I know some people do new year resolutions, so hopefully this will help fulfill some of those!
**Maybe next time Crozet/Albemarle have a shot at a Deschuttes or Stone brewery, they won’t flub that opportunity.
Read Part 2 of “Fit Crozet” – Crozet Transforms from Suburban Outpost to Health and Fitness Epicenter