via Albemarle’s A-Mail –
via Albemarle’s A-Mail –
There are bears in Crozet … they are part of the charm of living here (we are at the base of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive/Shenandoah National Park, after all)
… and seemingly more bears are making their presence known now that it’s Bear Awareness Week (who knew?)
– Thanks, Wildlife Center of Virginia.
– For fun, follow the Crozet Bear.
– More bears seen around Crozet this year because of the Shenandoah National Park fire?
I’m going to update this post later today, but wanted to put this out this morning. Interesting discussions last night, it seems.
As always, click through, scroll to the end, and make your way back up.
Two notable tweets:
– CCAC member Mary Gallo talks about trust broken in the past regarding Crozet population. Some background from 2009 http://bit.ly/1OAvO5G
– What if all yellow was developed at high end -what’s our population? #CCAC0516No one knows.
– We need a new “New Main Street” name – from the Crozet Gazette in 2010
Please, please, please – someone tweet this as I’ll be at another meeting* — hashtag of #CCAC0516
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The Crozet Library
1. Agenda Review (David Stoner – CCAC chair)
2. Approval of Minutes
3. Status Update on Adelaide Project Rezoning (Jennie More) [20min]
4. The (Vue) Project Update and Implications (Jennie More) [20min]
5. Main Street Naming (Andrew Slack, Albemarle County GIS Specialist) [20min]
6. CCAC Organizational/Planning Discussion (All) [45min]
a. Goals & Priorities
b. Focus Areas
c. Meeting Format Improvements
d. Social Event
7. Items Not Listed on the Agenda
9. Future Agenda Items
a. June – Schools discussion with school board rep(s)? (Beth)
*I’ll be at the Board meeting for the Miller School of Albemarle Endurance (Cycling) Team discussing the upcoming Dinner and Auction – 4 June 2016.
This morning I noted on the RealCrozetVA Facebook:
Crozet needs employers so that not everybody needs to go to Charlottesville in the mornings.
Another day, another wreck on 64…
“Accident: EB on I-64 at MM115 in Albemarle Co. 1 travel lane closed. Delay 1 mi.8:24AM”
Besides, wine, beer, cider, and new houses with amazing vistas, what are Crozet’s competitive advantages?
My quick list:
– Crozet is a community that cares
– Crozet have pretty good schools
– We are in a great location close to Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, parks, Charlottesville.
– We have (mostly) involved community members
– There is good enough walk and bikeability for those who choose to do so.
– We have a well-educated population (that is growing)
– Crozet has clean air.
What about you?
The CCA meeting was quite interesting.
I love this post, not just because it’s good information on the Downtown Crozet Initiative (the redevelopment of the Barnes Lumberyard) but because two Crozetians are providing the information.
Now that the Albemarle County Planning Commission have approved Adelaide, the next step is the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors meeting.
Crozet Community Meeting
May 12, 2016
7:30 PM at the Field School
Presentation: Update from the Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) CCA sub-committee. Dave Stoner and Tim Tolson
- Milestone Partners has posted a request for proposal from land planning and landscape architect firms for design of the downtown plaza project (to pick a design architect).
- Pursuing 501(c)3 status for the CCA and grant applications.
- Visit website for details: www.downtowncrozetinitiative.com
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Getting more volunteers to help with Crozet Independence Day Celebration to be held Saturday, July 2, 2016
Comments or Questions?
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting Wednesday, May 18 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library. Details and notices on our website
- Tuesday, May 17 at 7:30 PM is the next planning for Crozet Independence Day Celebration to be held Saturday, July 2, 2016
- Crozet Car Show, Saturday, May 21, 9AM to Noon in Old Trail Village, Crozet. Vehicle Registration $20; for details email: SamHarris08@yahoo.com (Rain Date: May 22) Proceeds benefit the Albemarle County Police Foundation.
The next CCA meeting is September 8, 2016 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
If you can, please attend. These will shape the future of not just downtown Crozet, but all of Crozet.
This month’s meeting is Thursday, 12 May at noon at the Crozet Library.
They’ll be talking about milestones, timelines, update on the rezoning from the County of Albemarle and more. If you can, please attend!
I’m excited that someone’s going to be at the meeting tomorrow to tweet it; follow the #DCI0516 hashtag if you’re interested. I’ll pull those together and post a story on Friday hopefully.