The Walk to School portion has been rescheduled due to lack of participation.
Crozet Community Advisory Council Meeting – Walking & Biking to School meeting to try to get community buy-in. This is the sort of meeting that the community needs to, if it truly believes in connectivity and walking/biking to school, get behind. If the buy-in/interest isn’t expressed, we will have the continued status quo – as in – nothing happening.
“Please join us at the Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) meeting (Thursday, April 21st at 7:00PM). The meeting will be dedicated to the topic of walking and biking to the local schools. Representation from each of the schools and PTOs will make this a much more lively and effective discussion. Thank you for making time in your busy schedules to discuss this important topic.
Location: The Meadows Community Center, 5800 Meadows Drive (off of 240) in Crozet”
Update: There is a meeting after all.
Once again, my apologies for the off-and-on again regarding this month’s CCAC meeting. We are postponing the “Walk-to-Schools” discussion until our May 19 meeting, but Mike and I decided we had enough agenda items left to have a shorter CCAC meeting.
The CCAC is meeting tomorrow, Thursday, at 7:30 PM (instead of 7PM) at the Meadows Community Center (our usual place).
CROZET COMMUNITY ADVISORY COUNCIL
The Meadows, Crozet
Thursday, April 21, 2011
7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
1. Agenda Review (Mike Marshall – CCAC Chair)
2. Approval of Minutes from March 17, 2011 meeting
3. Public Comment
5. Library Design Approval by ARB update (Bill Schrader)
6. Update Crozet Square project and Claudius Place Project
(Claudius Place project is behind B&B cleaners)
7. Outreach to WAHS feeder pattern schools’ PTOs (Mary Gallo and Lucy Goeke)
8. Officer elections (CCAC)
9. Plans for Crozet Fourth of July celebration: dance, parade, a day in the park.
10. County/City Comprehensive Plan kick-off event April 27, 2011 from 3P to 7P
11. Future agenda items and items not listed on the agenda (CCAC)