Please be aware of the temporary “bumps” at each crosswalk. “Bump Ahead” signs have been posted to warn motorists of the changing road conditions. Please drive slowly, remain alert and drive/walk carefully when traveling through the construction zone. Thank you for your patience and courtesy to motorists, pedestrians, and workers during this difficult phase of construction.
Crozet Streetscape Construction Updates:
The following progress was made last week:
• Concrete repairs were delayed this week due to weather on Monday and rescheduling conflicts with the concrete subcontractor. Concrete repairs are on the critical path and must be completed before final asphalt installation can begin.
• Asphalt was added to the deepest crosswalks to reduce the depth of the bumps.
• Asphalt patching was installed around the new medians.
• The biofilters were weeded to prepare for landscaping.
• Riprap weirs were installed in the biofilters.
The following items are scheduled through the end of the project:
• Repair of deficient curbing and sidewalk will occur ASAP.
• Final project finishes including milling, final paving, and striping will be completed in the next one to two weeks. Crosswalk paver installation will occur at the very end following final paving. Final paving will result in a smooth driving surface and the crosswalks will not be speed bumps.
• Remaining lighting was delayed this week but will be turned on next week.
• Landscaping is scheduled to begin the week of September 22nd and will take approximately two weeks to complete.
• Substantial completion is officially November 18th but it is expected that the project will be completed ahead of schedule. For more information on the Crozet Streetscape project, visit www.albemarle.org/crozetstreetscape.