Via email –
The following progress was made this week:
• Approximately 7½ of the 12 total number of crosswalks are installed.
• Several crosswalk base slabs were poured too high. The contractor demolished and replaced a portion of these at 3 locations and will complete the rest of the repairs at no additional cost to the County.
• All shrubs and ground cover were installed throughout. Roughly ½ of the mulching is complete.
The following items are scheduled through the end of the project:
• Crosswalk paver installation will be completed next week, barring weather delays.
• Final mulching should be completed in the next day or two. Shrubs south of Tabor will be installed next week. These two items will conclude landscaping activities.
• Final striping is scheduled to occur tomorrow. Any striping not completed will be rescheduled in the next two weeks.
• Substantial completion is officially November 18th but is expected to occur during the month of October.
For more information on the Crozet Streetscape project, visit www.albemarle.org/crozetstreetscape.