Lots of stuff was discussed last night in the CCAC meeting.
- Boy Scouts presented their idea for a home base of sorts in the Western Park
- Small Groups discussed ideas for Western Park, ranging from nature, to stream walk to soccer/multi-use fields, to observation deck to take in native species
- One member of the public made a key point – this is not an Old Trail park, it’s a County Park (and also, parking is a must)
- The first half of the meeting was very well attended;
- Frank Stoner with Milestone Partners discussed where they are in the redevelopment process, timelines (optimistically, first buildings could be open in spring 2020), the need for the Plaza as a precursor to other businesses such as hotels, costs, transportation (grid, Parkside Village connector), Dan Mahon proposed to Frank an interim trail, the importance of Perrone Robotics, and quite a bit more. Downtown redevelopment is a huge opportunity for Crozet.
Click through to read all the tweets; there’s a lot there, and thankfully, I wasn’t the only one tweeting!