Re-posting from last year. Any changes or suggestions?
Before you know it, I’ll be posting the “here’s where to recycle Christmas trees” post (usually in Crozet Park). For now, here’s a list of some of the places in and around Crozet to get a Christmas tree.
My post from 2011 is mostly still accurate, but a few links are dead, so at a friend’s/client’s request, here is an list of places to get Christmas trees in and around Crozet. (Thanks to the Facebook & RealCrozetVA Twitter friends!)
Pick your own + pre-cut Christmas trees
- Ralph’s Christmas Trees in Nelson County – we went here for years; it’s wonderful, and you can stop at any of the breweries along the Brew Ridge Trail to make it a full day trip.
- Skylark Christmas Tree Farm in Nelson
- Long Meadow Tree Farm in Waynesboro
- Crozet – Boy Scouts in Old Trail and in Great Valu shopping center (we’ve gotten ours from the Boy Scouts for the past few years)
- Ivy Corner Store, who apparently keep theirs in water, so they last longer (and are expensive)
- Ivy Nursery
- An aggregated list of where to get Christmas trees in and around Charlottesville.
- Waynesboro Garden Center
- “If you get it from Gladden Fields in Red Hill then you can show your support for a landowner helping protect one of Albemarle’s most spectacular wetlands.”