via email – (see the end of the post for meeting norms)
“The Crozet Community Advisory Committee will meet on Wednesday, September 13, at 7 pm in the large meeting room at the Crozet Library. (If you can arrive a few minutes early to help set up the room, it will help ensure that we can start promptly at 7.) I’ve attached the agenda.
We will hear a short presentation from Matthew Slaats about a project he’s pursuing to create a Crozet community orchard, which was inspired by a similar project in Bloomington, Indiana. We’ll also hear updates from our Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors liaisons. We may have a presentation from the Crozet Volunteer Fire Department, but I’m still waiting for final confirmation about whether they’ll be able to join us.
I’m hoping that we’ll have plenty of time for some committee business, including reviewing the development-tracking effort that we started earlier in the year, discussing our possible role in the upcoming budget and Capital Improvement Plan cycle, and brainstorming topics for our upcoming meetings.
I look forward to seeing you all next Wednesday.”
Microsoft Word – Crozet CAC Agenda – September 2023 (9.9.2023).docx
Crozet Community Advisory Committee Wednesday, September 13, 7 PM – 8:30 PM
Crozet Library Meeting Room | 2020 Library Avenue | Crozet, VA
- Call to Order, Agenda Review, & Introductions (5 minutes) Joe Fore, Chair
- Approve Meeting Minutes (2 minutes)
- Community Concerns (10 minutes)
- Scheduled Presentation (15 minutes)
• Matthew Slaats, Crozet Community Orchard Project
- Board of Supervisors/Planning Commission Liaison Updates (15 minutes) – Supervisor Ann Mallek and Planning Commissioner Lonnie Murray
- Other Committee Business (30 minutes) • • •
- Staff liaisons will be prepared, working with chairs to set agendas and provide necessary information.
- Committee members will come prepared having read provided materials.
- We will respect everyone’s time by starting and ending on time. We will work to set and follow agenda topic time allotments.
- Everyone is responsible for helping to stay on topic. Speak up if you feel like we’re getting off track and need to move an issue to a “parking lot” for possible future discussion.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate. You may be asked to share what you think, or we may ask for comments from those who haven’t spoken. It is always OK to “pass” when you are asked to share a comment.
- Listen respectfully, without interrupting. Listen actively and with an ear to understanding others’ views.
- One person speaks at a time. If you think you will forget an idea or question that comes to mind, write it down.
- Challenge ideas, not individuals.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 17 (All-CAC Meeting)