Thanks to Charlottesville Community Engagement for reminding me about this week’s Albemarle County Board of Supervisors meeting.
I haven’t done a deep dive into the agenda, which you can find here, but have gone through and pulled out relevant-to-Crozet items.
From the 5 April agenda
- Looks like they are intending to pave some gravel roads.
- From the April Transportation Planning Quarterly Report
- #82 I-64/Exit 107 Crozet Park and Ride Lot: This project will construct a park and ride lot at the corner of Patterson Mill Lane and US 250 just south of the I-64 interchange. This lot could potentially be served by both the Crozet Connect and the proposed Afton Express transit lines.
- VDOT will post a willingness to do a public hearing in Summer 2023, and construction is expected in summer 2025. (Smart)
- In Design
- N/A. Library Avenue Extension/Crozet Square/Barnes Lumber Redevelopment – These projects are expected to be complete in summer 2024. Facilities Planning & Construction will provide further updates in their April 2023 quarterly report. (RS)
- In Construction
- N/A. US 250 West Pedestrian Improvements: This project will construct segments of sidewalk along US 250 West in Crozet from Cory Farms Drive to Clover Lawn Lane and include a new pedestrian crosswalk and pedestrian crossing beacon near Clover Lawn Lane. This project was substantially complete as of late 2022. This project is being administered by Facilities Planning & Construction; please see their April 2023 quarterly report for project updates. (RS)
- Reported Transportation Issues
- Requests for crosswalks: Intersection of Old Trail and Bishop Gate, …
- Speeding concerns: Park Road …
- Safety concerns: Southern Parkway, intersection of 250/240/680, Monacan Trail
- Updates to parking signage requested: … , Grayrock Orchard
A few more updates
- The 240/250/680 Roundabout will be advertised in Winter 2024, which is a later timeline by more than a year, than is noted on VDOT’s site.
- Rte. 680 Browns Gap Turnpike Bridge Replacement over Lickinghole Creek – to be advertised in June 2025