The new Public Engagement folks at Albemarle County are going to be sending out these monthly check-ins to the Albemarle County CACs. Much of it is relevant to those of us in Crozet, so I’ll post when I receive them.
Perhaps most importantly is the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan bit … this will affect the community greatly (and hopefully we’ll get more and more dense housing! as well as functional infrastructure!
SAVE THE DATE
You are invited to attend upcoming town hall events focused on traffic issues in our area. These events will provide an opportunity for residents to learn more about current traffic concerns, ask questions, and provide feedback. Each event will include the same primary information, with a short segment focused on the area where the event takes place.
- Monday, February 6, 7-8:30 pm East Rivanna Volunteer Fire Station
- Tuesday, February 7, 6:30-8 pm The Center at Belvedere
- Thursday, February 16, 7-8:30 pm North Garden Volunteer Fire Station
View the Budget Presentation
County Executive’s Presentation to the Board – Recommended Budget and Capital Improvements Program. There is a virtual option to watch, and the video will be available after the meeting.
Parent+Child Winter Dance at Greenwood Community Center
Families are invited to have a good time and enjoy music from a DJ, plenty of yummy snacks, drinks, fun games, and a raffle. Registration is not required. The cost is $10 per family (cash-only, pay at the door).
- Saturday, February 25, from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Greenwood Community Center, 865 Greenwood Rd, Crozet, VA 22932
AC44 (The Comprehensive Plan Update Project) ((Jim’s note: more on this in a soon-to-publish post))
The Comprehensive Plan is used to guide decisions on public infrastructure and funding, plans, and programs, and review of some development applications. We are updating the Plan because it is required by the state and it’s a way to respond to the changing needs of our community. Khalilah and Allison are working with your CAC Chairs to bring a high-level AC44 presentation and discussion opportunity to your February or March meeting.
Zoning Modernization Project
The Zoning Ordinance regulates how land is used, designed, and developed. This multi-year project will create modern, user-friendly regulations that align with the ongoing Comprehensive Plan update.
- Review the Zoning Ordinance Evaluation This report identifies actions Albemarle County should consider to strengthen the Zoning Ordinance and ensure compliance with the Code of Virginia requirements.
- Visit the Project Website
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Albemarle Design-Build Projects Dashboard
- Albemarle County Transportation Quarterly Report (1/11/23): report | video (advance to 2:17)
On behalf of Engage Albemarle,
Public Engagement Coordinator
Stay Informed and Join the Conversation
- Visit Engage Albemarle – The online home for outreach and listening efforts to shape the future of our community. Find opportunities to share your input on key topics.
- Sign Up for Albemarle County News – An email service to share information about the services, programs, and events important to our community.
- Visit Albemarle County Website – Our online home for community news, calendar, resources, staff contacts, programs, and policies.
- Let’s Talk Podcast – Listen in, suggest topics, and ask questions as we explore a variety of important topics in Albemarle County.
- Find Albemarle County on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
As an aside, the search functionality on Albemarle County’s site is laughably abysmal.
Searching for the CCAC site, I was happily reminded that they fixed it so that searching for CCAC returns the CCAC page, but searching for Crozet Community Advisory Committee was … less relevant.