Last night was a fun forum at Brownsville. The White Hall and At-Large candidates for school board made some time to lay out their positions and reasons for running for school board.
- Having an actual, contested election, for our school board seat is so incredibly refreshing.
- We have some well qualified candidates for both White Hall & At-Large School Board seats
- I’d love to see a debate between the candidates
- I wish there had been time to challenge/question the candidates.
- Download Charlottesville Tomorrow’s 2015 local voter guides.
- I wish I’d gotten Jonno Alcaro’s name right from the beginning.
- To those who are taking time to run, and then for the winners to devote the required time to being a School Board Member: thank you, and good luck.
I was thisclose to leaving out my opinions, but can’t help myself. The tweets are after the break; I highly recommend you read those.
- Unless convinced otherwise, supporting/advocating for the county school system building their own private internet is reason for me to disqualify the candidate. Why, exactly, is Albemarle county building their own internet?
- Supporting SOLs in their current format is reason to disqualify the candidate.
- Colleges don’t look at SOLs, to the best of my knowledge. This seems to be a baffling & upsetting statement. (stated here as well)
- I appreciated Dolly Joseph’s thoughts on technology, “hitting it with a technology stick” and her pushing back on the 1:1 technology ratio. We do live in a relatively affluent community (relatively!) – giving kids who already have devices is wasteful. (my opinion: and stupid).
I’m glad we all have chance to watch presidential politics tonight, but we’d be a better country if more people paid attention to local govt
Read the tweets.