A big meeting. A big conversation about a big project in Crozet, the Crozet Sports facility, and a big conversation about a tiny rezoning for 6 great houses along Jarmans Gap.
I’ll update this when Crozet Gazette posts the video.
The agenda for the meeting is here.
- Meg Nedostup from the County gave an overview of zoning and the comp plan.
- Crozet Sports
- Short summary – big project with a huge positive community impact that is raising concerns with neighbors.
- He is a good speaker, and saying all the right things (and means it). Y’all need to watch the video when @CrozetGazette puts it up.
- They are looking to build a community hub, sports for kids and adults,
- Look at Crozet Sports’ building page
- Traffic from this project would be less than with the 90 homes that would go there otherwise.
- Here is the slide deck.
- So much was covered. Please read all the tweets.
- For archival’s sake, here’s one of the Nextdoor posts.
- Bamboo Grove
- Small project, rezoning from R2 to R4; it would be 6 single family housing units
- Chris Fuller’s slide deck. For posterity, the PDF is here, too.
- This was a great discussion about more than a simple rezoning (just do it; it’s a small and great project), it was an informative lesson about housing affordability, and how greater density leads to greater affordability.
- And also how building smaller, more efficient houses is part of the solution