Join us for a taste of the sweet life! Delight your senses and spend an afternoon with bee and floral enthusiasts at Veritas Vineyards and Winery on Sunday, March 29 from 1-3 pm where you will enjoy a discussion about bees and the basics of floral design while tasting local honey and honey-infused treats paired with a glass of wine.
Wine Wednesday at King Family Vineyards
Work week got you down? We’ve got just the thing to get you through to the weekend!
Join us for “Wine Wednesday” at King Family Vineyards. Grab a glass of your favorite King Family Vineyards wine and enjoy local food as the sun sets behind the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Food will be provided by one of the area’s premier local food trucks.
Our Tasting Room will be open for bottle and glass sales from 5:00 until 8:00 p.m. and food will be served from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Our doors and patios will close promptly at 8:30 pm.
By popular demand and one day only! Come on by for our Pop Up Bakeshop! There will be cakes, cupcakes, pies, macarons, cookies, and brownies and other deliciousness for sale. Great hostess gifts for your holiday parties. Have a mug of cider with us and peruse the possibilities. We can’t wait to see you! We will be open from 9:30am-6pm as supplies last.
During the month of April, Crozet Artisan Depot proudly presents new work by local photographer Oana Moore. Oana will be at the Second Saturday Opening Reception on April 14th from 3-5pm in the historic Crozet train depot.
In this month-long show and sale, Oana presents a collection of recent photographs of the Crozet and Western Albemarle area.
“I love photographing the Crozet area with its beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, reservoir lakes, amazing wineries, orchards, horse and cattle farms.”
Oana Moore, a local photographer specializing in family portraits and equine photography, is equally passionate about shooting landscapes. She grew up in Romania, lived in several major European cities, and spent a year in Scotland before settling in the United States. Oana has called Crozet home for the past eight years and has photographed the area extensively. In her photography, her focus is to create a fine art image with careful consideration to composition and light. You can see more of her work at www.oanamoore.com.
We’re hosting a holiday artisan bazaar and local artist showcase featuring…
Pottery, Jewelry, Textiles, Wood Turning, Iron Works, Paintings, Photography, Novels, Children’s Books, Greeting Cards, Throw Pillows, Farm Fresh Foods & Cheeses, Wine & Beer, Beauty Supplies, Decorative Gift Boxes…and more!
Music from Jim Wray!
Local foody-food samples!
Chat with your neighbors!
In the meantime here are three recent photos in Crozet …
Goodwin Creek bakery wants to be your friend. (great bread, purchased at Great Valu)
We’ve had some great sunsets in Crozet recently.
Harris Teeter has more local foods … “Six or fewer hours from the farm to your Harris Teeter”
Fardowner’s new patio:
Cocina del Sol is ugly. I hope the gray is a primer.
Update: It’s not permanent. Thanks to @brmtcrozet
Update #2 – Aargh. It’s going to stay ugly.
Note: the green/italicized portion of this post are from the public hearing on the Restore N Station.
- RT @CBS19Weather: Tracking a storm in Augusta Co. near Staunton, moving east towards Crozet. -MH #
- Pick up your copy of the Crozet Gazette today! #
- Rode my bike to show a house in Old Trail. http://bit.ly/98S0WL It’s hot. #
- Chiles Orchard has peaches. http://bit.ly/9Lqlcu (FB link) #
- Dear Crozet gas stations & consumers: 3 miles or so past the Greenwood Store is a better option. http://tweetphoto.com/25522493 #
- RT @CBS19Weather: Flooding waters running across Mint Springs Road, especially from entrance to park up to Emerald Ridge in Crozet. #
- Big rain, wind, lightning. You know, summer. In Crozet. http://tweetphoto.com/25432192 #
- RT @julenesque: Oh wait, I think the new Crozet borders include me now, or maybe it’s the Crozet Growth zone? (cont) http://tl.gd/1lj64t #
- It rained hard at my house an hour ago; 100 yards away – dry as a bone. #