Just an idea …
Did you know that:
- Crozet used to have buses? (above image thanks to Secret of the Blue Ridge)
- Crozet used to have commuter rail between here and Charlottesville?
Based on a great conversation I had yesterday at the Mudhouse, I started this conversation on the RealCrozetVA Facebook page and got some great comments.
What could be done to get great bus service to/from Crozet/Charlottesville? Cool buses. With lots of light & wifi. 5x in the morning & 5x at afternoon/evening for starters.
With bike racks on buses. Park and rides in the church lots … Just kicking around some ideas. (Not my ideas necessarily … Just ideas)
Could it happen?
Some back of the napkin numbers – correct me please, because I’m sort of making these numbers up.
- Population of Crozet: ~ 6,500
- Daytime population of Crozet: ~ 2200 (a complete & total guess)
- 40 people per bus? Is that reasonable?
What do you think? Could it happen? Who could/would do it? Could/would it be profitable?
Most importantly – for those of you who have “real” jobs as I call them (I’m a Realtor; my days are necessarily geographically scattered) – would you use a bus?