I was talking to an acquaintance about public meeting attendance, and she recounted how she had attended meetings for years. Her husband would come home from work to watch the kid, sometimes, they’d get a babysitter, she’d forego other opportunities, in order to be a participating member of the community. She, and her family, sacrificed to be citizens.
If you do go to that one meeting because it directly affects you? Go to the next one. And the next one, even if the material affects only the community in which you live, and not your particular back yard, or street.
Where to get involved in Crozet?
What interests you?
How much time are you willing and able to commit?
- Albemarle County always has committee vacancies
- CCAC – If I wanted to get involved, I’d go to three or four meetings, take a member or two to coffee, and ask questions.
- CCA – show up
- Planning Commission
- Board of Surpervisors
- Meals on Wheels
- Local Food Banks
- Crozet Volunteer Fire Department
- A list from 2015 showing volunteer opportunities in Crozet
- The Beginning – A Conversation with a friend over coffee
- Prologue – Support local journalists & journalism
- How Much Money for Infrastructure Has Crozet Gotten?
- Crozet Population Numbers Keep Growing
- Crozet Acronyms – What do They Mean?
- Crozet Water Supply
- Notes from a Crozet Coffee Conversation
- Ongoing Crozet Projects of Note
- Getting Involved in Crozet – Where to Start?
- … I don’t yet know …