Y’all know what AC44 is right? Albemarle County is in the midst of Phase 2 — “Goals, Objectives, and ‘Planning Toolkits'” of the updating of the 2015 Comprehensive Plan.
From my perspective, Albemarle County have done an amazing job of outreach about the Comp Plan, and it’s incumbent upon us as citizens to participate, and to think generationally. Realistically, many if not most of those who are voicing opinions won’t be in Albemarle County is 20 or 30 years … think about those who come after us, and think about where and how our kids and grandkids will live (and if they’ll be able to afford living in Crozet).
Spend some time educating yourself, and taking the County’s survey (I have), before being “for” or “against” a part of the plan or process.
One thought: if the County and VDOT would build infrastructure along with housing, Crozet would be more livable, accessible, and would likely defeat the calls of people to stop change.
CCAC agenda, via email
Crozet Community Advisory Committee Wednesday, February 8, 2023
7:00 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
Crozet Library Meeting Room | 2020 Library Avenue
- Call to Order, Agenda Review, Introductions (5 minutes)
- Approve Meeting Minutes (2 minutes)
- Announcements and Updates (5 minutes)
- Community Concerns (10 minutes)
- Scheduled Presentations (45 minutes)
• Presentation: AC44, the update to the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan, Allison Wrabel, Community Connector – Albemarle County
o A high-level overview of the Comprehensive Plan update’s process to date with a
preview of the next phase and a community discussion
6. Committee Business (10 minutes)
- Website content and development project updates, Joe Fore
- Virtual meeting practices, Joe Fore
- Other Business
Next Meeting: March 8, 2023