Hard to believe that nearly 10 years ago, Old Trail was rezoned (that was the 2nd post on RealCrozetVA!).
A few thoughts:
- It’s a shame that the Daily Progress’ archives are no longer available — note the broken links in my story.
- I’m glad I quoted a reasonable part of their story.
- Reading the BoS Executive Summary from that meeting, I’m hard-pressed to see how anyone ever thought that Old Trail was going to be more of a retirement community, as I’ve heard many people say over the years as a means by which to excuse not planning better.
- Harder to belive that it’s been nearly 10 years since the rezoning!
The story remains the same. This could have been written today:
Most of the frustration, though, has been directed at the county for not funding long-term improvements outlined in Crozet’s master plan, such as parking, better roads and sidewalks.
- We now have an extremely active and useful Jarmans Gap with sidewalks and bike lanes.
- Old Trail is a thriving community
- Schools remain a challenge.
- Downtown’s Streetscape is finished and is outstanding.
- The Crozet Library is truly awesome.