A few thoughts after tonight’s CCAC meeting:
- Having that many involved, interested, engaged people at a local meeting is AWESOME.
- Crozet is a designated growth area. It has been for many years.
- Crozet is going to grow.
- These developers are working under the constructs permitted by the County of Albemarle.
- If you want to effect change, it takes time. And effort. And time and dedication.
- See #1.
- If you want something to stay the same, buy it. Otherwise, expect it to change. I don’t say this flippantly, but bluntly and simply.
- The conversation that the community needs to have is far, far greater than one or two neighborhoods. It’s about Crozet. And the County. And the City of Charlottesville + County of Albemarle. And schools. And roads. And taxes.
- If you comment on a matter, I think you should have to disclose your interest in the matter.
- Dig into the tweets. Come to the next meeting. Please.
- This is the slide deck the folks presenting about Adelaide used last night.
- Update – letter from the Cory Farm neighborhood against the rezoning
If you take the time to watch the video, please note that:
- I just learned of the “save to camera roll” option in Periscope … hence the cobbled (time-consuming) workaround in which you see texts from my mother and emails rolling through
- I think tweets + video are far superior than only tweets or only video.
Dig in. Scroll to the bottom, keep clicking “read next page” until you’re at the start. Then work your way back up.