I’ve tried to keep this succinct, but there are lots of details, so you might want to get yourself a cup of Build Crozet Library coffee before you start reading. If you have any questions, please write back. As with all of these emails, please forward!
Three ways to support Crozet Library via the Barnes & Noble Bookfair:
1. Make purchases at the store and mention our name.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
November 2, 3 & 4
9am-11pm (9 pm Sunday)
Barnes & Noble will donate a percentage of sales to help furnish the Crozet/Western Albemarle Library. Shoppers need to mention Crozet Library to the cashier for our account to be credited. Phone orders will be accepted; they will be credited to the bookfair if you mention our name and pay with the order. Membership discounts apply, as do coffee-shop purchases. A very few items are excepted: gift cards, textbooks, etc.
Local performers, student essay contest winners, and local authors will be at the three-day bookfair. See the schedule below.
2. Make purchases online and use our bookfair ID number.
On November 5th – 9th, click here:
Use this number: 10853588
November 5th – 9th online sales via BarnesandNoble.com can be credited toward our fundraising account by including our bookfair ID number in the designated field at the bottom of the payment page. Our ID number is 10853588.
3. Donate books via Barnes & Noble’s Holiday Book Drive.
November 1 – December 31
Purchase books to donate to the Crozet/Western Albemarle library.
This year, Barnes & Noble selected the Crozet Library as its one recipient of the Holiday Book Drive donations. Book buyers will be asked during the two months if they would like to purchase and donate a book from the Crozet Library wish list. These book purchases will be given directly to the library.
This is the best opportunity for anyone wishing to donate a specific book or set of books or shelf of books to the library. Pick up your favorites, buy them, and leave them at Barnes & Noble.
4. Double Dip Bonus: Donate books during the Nov 2nd – 4th Bookfair and 1) the library will receive the books, and 2) the purchase amounts will be credited as part of our bookfair earnings, increasing the net donation to the Crozet Library.
* * * * *
The current line up of Bookfair events and programs follows:
Friday, November 2
7:00 p.m. WAHS student Carly Witt, singing and playing acoustic guitar
Saturday, November 3
11:00 a.m Story and Craft Time with local children’s author Helen Williamson and Eve Watters, Celtic harpist
1:00 p.m. Book Signings by over 10 Local Authors (see list below)
Performance by the “Bakers Doesn’t” jazz ensemble from Western Albemarle High School
Sunday, November 4
11:00 a.m. Enjoy Pete and Ellen Vigour’s music for all ages
11:30 a.m. Story and Craft Time with local children’s author Helen Williamson & Eve Watters, Celtic harpist
12:30 p.m. Charlottesville Waldforf School 8th Grade Music Ensemble
1:00 p.m. Hear the Essay Contest Winners from Brownsville, Crozet, Meriwether Lewis, & Murray Schools
Local authors signing books at the Bookfair – Note, this is the first time this many authors are signing books in the store at one time:
- John Hanny, author of Secrets from the White House Kitchens
- Anne Marie Pace, author of Vamperina Ballerina
- Sandra Crowe, author of I Didn’t Sign Up for This: 7 Strategies for Dealing with Difficulty in Difficult Times
- Jodi Meadows, author of Incarnate
- Kay Pfaltz, author of Lauren’s Story: An American Dog in Paris
- Rita Reynolds, author of Blessing the Bridge: What Animals Teach Us About Death, Dying and Beyond
- Kathleen Ford, author of a story in Best American Mystery Stories of 2012
- JL Kimmel, author of The Yawning Rabbit River Chronicle
- Jonathan Coleman, co-author of West by West: My Charmed, Tormented Life
- Richard Leahy, author of Beyond Jefferson’s Vines: The Evolution of Quality Wine in Virginia
- Hannah Barnaby, author of Wonder Show
With so many ways, surely you can Be Part of the Story during our Barnes and Noble events.