Crozet Community Association Meeting – 12 September 2013 – 7:30 PM at the Field School
(click through to read the agenda)
via email –
– Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
– Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (May 9, 2013)
– Treasurer’s Report by Emery Taylor (Annual family dues are $10, payable tonight)
– A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
– Possible Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officer (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the new Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: The Streetscape II project- road and sidewalk improvements to Crozet Avenue from the railroad bridge to Jarman’s Gap Road. (Albemarle County Staff – Trevor Henry and/or Jack Kelsey)
Updates and news from Board chair and our supervisor, Ann Mallek
– Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising
(http://buildcrozetlibrary.org; Bill Schrader)
– Updates from the Crozet Park and the Crozet Trails Crew (CTC).
-Update on Crozet Safety Corp proposal. (Jim Crosby and/or Tom Loach).
-Recap of Crozet Independence Day Parade, Celebration & Fireworks at the Park on July 6th
– Raising $1,000 to contribute to Crozet Library fundraising and get a leaf on the giving tree.
– Information on plans for use of old Crozet Library building (aka old train depot).
– Other items
Comments and Questions
– 2nd Annual Crozet Culinary Competition, September 19, 2013 at the Lodge at Old Trail. Volunteers are needed to staff the event. This year it is a fundraiser for the Crozet Arts located in this building) and the Crozet Lions Club
– The Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival coming soon, October 12-13, and will need lots of volunteers. Signup to help at:
http://www.CrozetFestival.com Be sure to attend and bring your friends and relatives from far and wide.
Future Agenda Items
The next CCA meeting is November 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).