I’ll update this post later, but wanted to put it out there tonight for those of you who missed the meeting but want to be second with the knowledge of what was discussed tonight.
Updated. Dig in, folks, there was a lot discussed last night. The new Master Planning process, seemingly without County authorization/approval (no judgment, sometimes it’s better to just do something rather than wait), Crozet Express, and a lot more.
Other topics – County development, Crozet population, growth, County process and staffing, Crozet Express (coming bus service between Crozet & Charlottesville).
- Agenda is here.
- Storified tweets are after the break
- Watch the meeting here, thanks to the Crozet Gazette.
- Photos from the meeting, including slides, at the end of this post.
- Sadly, very few (one?) new faces at the meeting.
- Shockingly, this is how the County manually tracks growth.
- The County lost 44% of its staff during the recession. Wow.
- Next meeting, I’d like to see a call for this question amongst the members.
I tried to pull out important/interesting tweets, but there were so many. Please take the time to read them all. And ask questions. Learn the players – Who’s involved, how they’re involved, and who’s making decisions for you.
Update 26 September 2016: I asked Elaine Echols with Albemarle County to share her slide deck and she was kind enough to do so. Here it is. (pdf)