Did you know the Daily Progress has only one reporter right now? Sean Tubbs at Charlottesville Community Engagement is providing extraordinary work for the community (please pay to subscribe; if you’re interested, I’ll gift you a subscription – ask me.)
There’s an entire newspaper devoted to Crozet, and the Crozet Gazette is the best source for information coming out of western Albemarle County.
For the first time, I just paid for a subscription to the Crozet Gazette. It’s easy, and inexpensive. Now … if they’d go to Planning Commission and Board of Supervisor meetings. 🙂
This August’s issue has, per usual, a ton of good local information.
A few selections (read the whole paper if you can; there’s something rewarding and serendipitous about browsing a newspaper — this looks to be a link to the current version of the paper, so the link will point to whatever is the current version).
- New Owner, Same Friendly Service at Crozet Hardware
- Podcaster Brad Rykal Gives a Voice to Crozet
- Creating a Wildflower Meadow to Help the Bees, Birds, and Butterflies
- Crozet Shopping Center Owners Make Improvements — but still no bike rack. Bikes and bike racks are good for business.
- Crozet Arts Center Plans Take Shape for Plaza
- Crozet Gators Swim Team Wins JSL Championship — when they won in 2013, that was the first time in 22 years, and was huge news.
- Montclair Plan Deferred as Neighbors Intensify Efforts — some more context to this development.
We need journalists. To watch, to be present, to digest, to piece together threads and stories to that we the people can understand what is happening in our community.