via email –
The following progress was made this week on the Crozet Streetscape project:
– Demolition of sidewalks and curbing in front of the Blue Goose and barber shop buildings
– Storm sewer piping and manholes were installed from the Library Avenue extension up to the post office entrance
The following progress is anticipated in the coming two weeks:
– Completion of all concrete (curbing, biofilters, and sidewalks) in front of the Blue Goose building
– Paving of the Library Avenue extension
– Water line installation will begin in front of the post office
– Storm sewer installation will continue next week across the entrance to the post office, concluding storm sewer construction.
You may notice there are some areas of work not entirely completed. Please note that the engineer, inspector, project manager, and contractor will walk the entire job site and identify any last remaining items to be completed just prior to the contract substantial completion date. The current substantial completion date is November 13th. The contractor will have 30 days from the date of substantial completion to correct any deficiencies or remaining work identified at that time.
For more information on the Crozet Streetscape project, visit www.albemarle.org/crozetstreetscape.