The following progress on the Crozet Streetscape project was made last week:
• Shifting of vehicular traffic to the east side of Crozet Avenue occurred last week as planned.
• Work on the east side of Crozet Avenue is approximately 95% complete. Remaining work includes: installation of light poles, filling-in of sidewalks at light pole locations, installation of trash cans/benches/bike racks, landscaping, paver-work, and miscellaneous cleanup items. A final punch-list inspection will be performed upon substantial completion of the project.
• Work has begun on the east side of Crozet Avenue, starting at the south end of the project. Work will proceed from the south to the north.
• Curbing and sidewalks have been poured from Tabor Street to Jarman’s Gap. Clearing, storm sewer installation, and general grading for sidewalks and curbing has been completed up to the Blue Goose building.
This week the following progress is anticipated:
• The new entrance to the church and Blue Goose building, directly across from Library Avenue, will be graded-out. The entrance will be completed before July 4th, including concrete work and final asphalt. Demolition of the existing entrance will occur after the July 4th weekend.
For the July 4th weekend, please expect the following:
• All sidewalks will be open to pedestrian foot-traffic.
• Crozet Avenue will be open to two lanes of traffic at all times.
• All work south of the Blue Goose building will be completed to an approximate 90% level, including installation of storm sewer, curbing, sidewalks, biofilters, grading and E&S control measures.
• Minimal work may occur outside the R/W on Thursday, July 3rd and Monday, July 7th. No work will occur from Friday, July 4th through Sunday, July 6th. No work will begin north of the Blue Goose building until after the July 4th weekend.
For the week of July 7th:
• Full-time work will commence on Tuesday, July 8th, including demolition and storm sewer installation in front of the Blue Goose up to the Cocina del Sol building.
• On Wednesday, July 9th, demolition and sewer installation will occur in front of the Cocina del Sol and Barber Shop building.
For more information on the Crozet Streetscape project, visit www.albemarle.org/crozetstreetscape.