The following progress was made over the past two weeks:
• Installation of the remaining paver sidewalks.
• Wall installation at Morningside.
• Curb and sidewalk at The Square intersection.
• Base paving of the Library Avenue extension.
• Hand railing on the Pediatric building.
• Installation of crosswalk base slab at Library Avenue.
The following progress is anticipated in the next two weeks:
• Completion of base slabs for all crosswalks.
• Final connection of light poles on the west side of Crozet Avenue.
Crozet Avenue will be paved with the final surface course of asphalt after the crosswalk base slabs are completed. Crosswalk pavers will then be installed after final paving. It is anticipated that milling and installation of the surface asphalt layer will begin in the next 3-4 weeks and crosswalk pavers will be installed in the next 4-6 weeks.
?Landscaping is scheduled to begin within the next 4-6 weeks.?
?Please note that trash cans are for public use and that businesses should refrain from using the receptacles for business refuse.?
Please remain alert and drive/walk carefully when traveling through the construction zone. Thank you for your patience during this time of construction to improve the downtown Crozet area.
For more information on the Crozet Streetscape project, visit www.albemarle.org/crozetstreetscape.