Lots of good stuff on the agenda for the September Crozet Community Association meeting. Thanks to the CCA site.
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (May 14, 2015) )
Treasurer’s Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) visit and update(Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Presentation: Barnes Lumber re-development/Downtown Crozet Initiative.
- Brief re-cap of the two community meetings (May 27 & June 11) and the additional design schematic by Nelson/Byrd Tim Tolson, CCA President
- Update on progress and next steps, Frank Stoner, New Town Associates and Milestone Partners
Updates and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor.
- Crozet Park updates.
- Crozet Independence Day Celebration recap.
- Sponsoring/hosting a candidates forum in October?
Comments or Questions?
- Open Community Forum on the use of body cameras by Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) on Tuesday, September 15 at 7:00 PM at the ACPD, 1600 Fifth Street, Room A.
- Crozet Community Advisory Committee (CCAC) meeting is Wednesday, September 16 at 7:00 PM at the Crozet Library.
- Fourth Annual Crozet Culinary Competition for Charity to benefit the Western Albemarle Rescue Squad at the Lodge at Old Trail on Thursday, September 18 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM – Local restaurant chefs compete for bragging rights and the coveted silver trophy. You may even win a seat at the Judges Table or The Tasting Table. Details at The Lodge at Old Trail at 434-823-9100 or [email protected]l.com
- ? Monday, September 28 at 7PM at the Crozet Library: Travel in time to Crozet’s yesteryears as Phil James, Leonard Sandridge and photographer, Hubert Gentry, speak about the moment captured in the photograph which hangs behind the library’s circulation desk in celebration of the second anniversary of the opening of the ‘new’ Crozet Library, exactly two years ago.
- Crozet Trails Crew (CTC) next workday is this Saturday, September 12th. Next monthly meeting is Thursday, September 24 at 6:30 PM at La Joya in Old Trail. Details at http://crozettrailscrew.org
- Albemarle’s Neighborhood Leadership Learning Series starts October 1, 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the County Office Building. First session is on Transportation. For additional details and to register, visit:http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=neighborhoods
or contact Emily Kilroy ([email protected])
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is November 12, 2015 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months (except July).
Join our email list, by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the top of this page.
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.