Update 5 October 2016:
So far, only 19 non-UVA folks have filled out JAUNT’s survey. The survey is here.
“But about 450 for UVa’s study (a phenomenal response, considering only about a week and a maximum survey population of around 800).
Obviously, the more interest we could show the Board of Supervisors, the greater the possibility of receiving funding and establishing the Crozet Express.”
received by email:
UVa employees living in the Crozet area will receive a short survey in their email on Tuesday, September 26, regarding the proposed Crozet Express to and from downtown Charlottesville and the University. Their responses will be crucial in making the route as convenient and efficient as possible. Crozetians not employed by UVa could also provide input by emailing [email protected].
The survey will be open for 3 weeks.
- I’m still amazed by their numbers that ~1K UVA employees live in Crozet. (
not yet sure how “Crozet” is defined here)
- From Brian Cohen – “That’s the estimate from the University. UVa employees in 22932 plus about 40 streets in Wickham Pond, Cory Farm, (Jim’s note: I’d bet they’re including Highlands, too as they have a 22901 zip code, as well as Church Hill?). It’s very difficult for Parking and Transportation Office to figure out 22901 homes that were surrounding town. “
- This isn’t a service *only* for UVA folks.
- Expanding on one of my tweets a few days ago:
- Where will the bus stops be?
- What will be the schedule?
- How about putting big bike racks at the bus stop so Crozetians can ride their bikes to the bus stop, ride the bus, and then ride the bike back home when they return.
- AND put a bike rack on bus to make getting around Charlottesville easier for the non-UVA folks.
- Ride bike to Crozet stop -> ride bus w/ bike -> get to Cville -> ride bike to work. Do in reverse at the end of the day.
- Will the buses have wifi?
A related story from December 2015 – Buses from Charlottesville to Crozet? — Great comments and conversation here.
From the CCAC meeting last week:
— realcrozetva (@realcrozetva) September 21, 2016