via email: (Personally, I’d be Ok with no striping – it’s cleaner 🙂 )
The following progress was made this week:
- Pavers for approximately 3-1/2 of the 12 total crosswalks (!) (italics & ! added by me – jd) were installed.
- Several crosswalk base slabs were poured too high. The contractor demolished and replaced a portion of these at two locations and will complete the rest of the repairs next week at no additional cost to the County. (bolding mine – jd)
- All street trees were installed and one species of shrub was installed throughout.
- Approximately half of the curb plates were installed.
The following items are scheduled through the end of the project:
- Crosswalk paver installation will continue next week and take another week to 2 weeks to complete.
- Landscaping will continue and be completed next week.
- Final striping is expected to occur in the next week.
- Remaining railings are expected to be installed next week.
- Final signage is expected to be completed in the next 1-2 weeks.
- Substantial completion is officially November 18th but is expected to occur during the month of October.
One Reply to “Streetscape Update – 4 October 2014”
Overkill on the crosswalks!