They need your help for an hour or two on July 5. Below is the website to sign-up to help with the Crozet Independence Day Celebration (CIDC) next Saturday, July 5, between 5PM to 10PM. There are a variety of tasks and time slots. Most of the time slots are only an hour – so there’s lots of ways to help and still enjoy the event. When you sign-up it will ask for your name, email and, optionally phone number. No one else can see your email and phone. We promise we won’t share it. It’s helpful for us to have it if something happens and we need to let you know about a last minute change.
We urge church groups, civic and neighborhood associations to sign-up. Crozet Trails Crew already has volunteered to staff one spot the whole evening! Let’s see which group can have the most volunteers!
With your help, we can make this Crozet Independence Day celebration the best ever!
A reader asked that I alert readers to Dominion’s pipeline proposal. More at Piedmont Environmental Council’s page. This doesn’t directly impact Crozet (or Albemarle), but it does affect our neighbors in Augusta and Nelson and we’re going to get our power from somewhere … and while I’m taking no position, I thought it useful to look beyond Crozet’s borders a bit and get informed.
From the News Leader in May:
(let’s hope this meeting lasts less than 4 hours)
Last night was a super-long meeting. I’m sorry for the non-linear way the tweets are put together; storify wasn’t pulling them in by the #CCAC0614 hashtag, so I just added all of the ones by or to @realcrozetva and @tfjtolson. I’ll try again later today to make this right when I have time.
Update: another good way to read all the tweets is to search for the #CCAC0614 hashtag. Continue reading “CCAC Meeting 26 June 2014 Recap”
It feels like we’re getting to the point where if you want to voice your opinion – pro or con – regarding the Barnes Lumberyard project, you’d better do so nowish. Better to be educated and complain than the alternative .. Who’s coming to tweet the meeting?
Crozet Community Advisory Council
Notice of Special Meeting And Agenda
SPECIAL MEETING: The Crozet Community Advisory Council will hold a special meeting on Thursday, June 26, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at The Meadows conference room, at 5735
Meadows Drive, Crozet, Virginia 22932.
1. Agenda Review (Meg Holden – CCAC chair)
2. Project Updates/Information:
? Barnes Lumber company property; rezoning and special use permit requests
4. Future Agenda Items
– The Applicant (Milestone Partners) requested and was granted an 8 week deferral.
– The Planning Commission seemingly relied heavily on the CCAC’s opinion and resolution concerning the proposal (I assume this is the one).
– Apparently the CCAC voted 10-3 in support of this resolution, but you wouldn’t know that if you didn’t follow the CCAC meeting on Twitter or read the Storify of the tweets as the CCAC have no minutes online for the entirety of 2014 and most of 2013 (and the roster is out of date).
– I’m grateful for those who give their time to tweet these meetings; without them the community would be less informed. Thank you!
– When is the next CCAC meeting? If you support or oppose this proposal, now’s (really, 6 months ago) the time to get informed and involved. These decisions affect all of us.
– Update: the Sec. of the CCAC just called and said that he had just sent all of the missing minutes to the County. We can expect them to be online in the next 48 hours. Thank you to those who alerted the CCAC about this. Transparency is good for all.
Last night’s CCAC meeting was extremely well attended , and big thanks to Tim Dodson and Tim Tolson for the live tweets.
Parking, residential vs commercial, phasing, traffic, impact on schools, walk and bike ability – lots was discussed last night that will (may) have an impact on the future of downtown Crozet.