The 9th annual Crozet Trails Crew 5K Trail Race and Kids 400-meter Fun Run is only one month away! Come out on Saturday, October 6 to run, walk, or jog through woods, grassy fields, along streams, and over bridges (more info below).
Many are already working behind the scenes planning the race route, painting bridges, collecting prizes, etc.
Please support our primary fundraiser of the year by joining our
- Workday on Saturday, Sept. 29 to prepare the trail for the race. Meet at 9 am at the trail entrance off Park Ridge Drive. Drive down Park Ridge through Western Ridge into Foothill Crossing, and look for the trail entrance on the left.
- Help at the race on 10/6 by setting up, staffing registration, giving out prizes, and cleaning up after the race. Sign up to volunteer here, and thank you!
- Register to run/jog/walk the race here.
- The Kids Fun Run is at 8 am, with the adult race beginning at 8:30 and award ceremony at 9:30 with lots of prizes, including bridge naming rights to the male and female first place finishers! Registration and packet pick up will be Friday evening 10/5 from 6 to 8 pm in front of Crozet Library, as well as Saturday morning 7-8 am at Crozet Park. Fee is $20 online in advance or $25 in person. Registration includes a race tee shirt plus admission to the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival immediately following.
- The Crozet Trails Crew helps our parent non-profit, the Crozet Park, by staffing the wine and beer tent at the Arts for and Crafts Festival. Sign up for a shift as bartender here.
Help get the word out by posting the attached flyer at your workplace, church, or school.
And that’s not all! A team from Albemarle County Parks & Recreation has begun to make major improvements to the muddy and rutted trail just outside the dog park at Crozet Park. We are looking forward to a smoother, drier trail in that section. Thanks to all who helped them!
Our monthly meeting has a NEW date (third Thursday) and location this month! It will be Thursday, Sept. 20 from 6:30 – 8 pm at Crozet Pizza. Hope to see you there for final race planning!