1 – I’ve switched hosts at RealCrozetVA for the first time in well over a decade. The site should be *much* faster now.
2 – I suspect the blog will be here after Facebook goes away at some point.
I seem to have forgotten about the RealCrozetVA email … it’s broken for the moment. Until that’s sorted, if you need to contact me, please email me at [email protected] or text – 434-242-7140. Fixed the email (small technological victory, of which I’m quite proud).
Slightly off topic …
The RealCrozetVA Facebook page is a thriving community. I encourage everyone who’s on Facebook to like, follow, read it.
1 – Facebook is a bad and concerning thing.
2015 was interesting. 2016 continued the interesting. Through November, 140 stories were posted here on the blog. A lot more throughout the RealCrozetVA ecosystem. I’ve done this recap for a couple years and I find it useful, informative, and helpful for me; I hope it is for you as well.
What do you think were the biggest stories of 2016 in Crozet?
These are a few, but by no means the only, or biggest, 2016 Crozet stories
- Great Valu sold
- The CCAC, CCA, and CBOT are redoing the Crozet Master Plan.
- Piedmont Place opened
- Barnes Lumber redevelopment continues its path
- More houses and neighborhoods, very few infrastructure improvements
- Tweeted CCAC meetings every month; these are often long and boring, but are profoundly important.
- The Crozet Cycling Club grew
- The Crozet Calendar continued to be useful to many
Crozet is and will remain a wonderful place to live. Let’s see how we can work together to grow wisely, keeping as much as we can that makes Crozet a special place to be.
The RealCrozetVA ecosystem is: The RealCrozetVA blog, RealCrozetVA Twitter, RealCrozetVA facebook, and RealCrozetVA Instagram. The RealCrozetVA home is and will always be the blog, because I own it … and the rest likely can and will change. I’ve found the archives here invaluable.
Questions? Comments? Email or call me anytime.
- Looked at crash data on 64 between Crozet & Charlottesville
- Median home prices continued to rise … and rose throughout the year
- Snow days in Crozet are awesome
- CCAC meeting – Adelaide, Restore n Station, Downtown Crozet
- Crozet real estate conversation for January 2016 – I love doing these with David; we hope you enjoy them and find value.
Wow. 10 years & 10 days ago I launched RealCrozetVA.
Lots has changed in 10 years. Lots will change in the next 10 years.
I truly hope this site has been useful.
What have been the most significant changes in Crozet – for you – over the past 10 years?
- Crozet Running‘s 5K on Saturday
- Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival this weekend! (here’s hoping for no rain!)
- Way Fest music festival Saturday at Southern Way Café
- Art on the Trax – Second Saturday Art Opening
- Virginia Consort Spring Concert
- Yard sales at Wickham Pond & Grayrock, and Parkside Village
Have something to add to the calendar? It’s *really* easy to do here!
I know there’s more stuff going on in Crozet in May than is listed here. Adding an event takes less than a minute. Really. Click here to add an event yourself. I’ve been told that a lot of people read and depend on the Crozet Calendar … adding events would be appreciated! Music, Crozet Arts & Crafts, events at Vineyards …
(if you can’t add it, please email it to me, although I’d really prefer you do it … 🙂 )
Lots to do this weekend in Crozet.
Have something to add to the calender? It’s easy; do it here.
From the RealCrozetVA Facebook page: