2015 was interesting. 2016 continued the interesting. Through November, 140 stories were posted here on the blog. A lot more throughout the RealCrozetVA ecosystem. I’ve done this recap for a couple years and I find it useful, informative, and helpful for me; I hope it is for you as well.
What do you think were the biggest stories of 2016 in Crozet?
These are a few, but by no means the only, or biggest, 2016 Crozet stories
- Great Valu sold
- The CCAC, CCA, and CBOT are redoing the Crozet Master Plan.
- Piedmont Place opened
- Barnes Lumber redevelopment continues its path
- More houses and neighborhoods, very few infrastructure improvements
- Tweeted CCAC meetings every month; these are often long and boring, but are profoundly important.
- The Crozet Cycling Club grew
- The Crozet Calendar continued to be useful to many
Crozet is and will remain a wonderful place to live. Let’s see how we can work together to grow wisely, keeping as much as we can that makes Crozet a special place to be.
The RealCrozetVA ecosystem is: The RealCrozetVA blog, RealCrozetVA Twitter, RealCrozetVA facebook, and RealCrozetVA Instagram. The RealCrozetVA home is and will always be the blog, because I own it … and the rest likely can and will change. I’ve found the archives here invaluable.
Questions? Comments? Email or call me anytime.
January (11 posts)
- Looked at crash data on 64 between Crozet & Charlottesville
- Median home prices continued to rise … and rose throughout the year
- Snow days in Crozet are awesome
- CCAC meeting – Adelaide, Restore n Station, Downtown Crozet
- Crozet real estate conversation for January 2016 – I love doing these with David; we hope you enjoy them and find value.
February (10 posts)
- Soup and cupcakes – Love Crozet!
- CCAC meeting for February. Read the tweets.
- Henley’s principal wrote about the picking up/dropping off kids at school challenges/perspective.
March (10 posts)
- Sal’s Jerry Finazzo died after fighting cancer. He is missed.
- March’s CCAC meeting; a 2.5 hour meeting. So much is discussed at these things.
- Libraries are awesome
- The buildings/land from the corner of Crozet Ave/240 to Great Valu were sold.
April (13 posts)
- Crozet celebrated Jerry Finazzo at Crozet Pizza
- Henley changed their schedule; we discussed it.
- CCAC Meeting wrap-up; more NIMBYism.
- Seeking protection of the Crozet Trails
- The park behind Crozet Library is awesome; so is Crozet.
- Brownsville got a new principal
- 1st Quarter Crozet Real Estate Conversation
- World-class fields in Albemarle? Not.
- A few RealCrozetVA facebook posts (the FB page really took off this year)
May (13 posts)
June (15 posts)
- 4 years ago this month, the new Crozet Library opened
- The West Glen development received approval for their stream crossing
- The flowers on Jarmans Gap are beautiful
- The Crozet Cycling Club continued its growth
- June’s CCAC meeting – growth, schools, Adelaide
- We moved the Crozet real estate conversation to PRN; it’s going well.
- Another entry in the Restore N Station saga
- An effort was made to feed hungry kids during the summer.
July (15 posts)
- What if … they widened 250?
- Old Trail released plans for the next phase of their commercial space
- Crozet Park’s parking lot construction neared the end
- CCAC Meeting Recap – “Master Plan, state of growth, population, infrastructure, accusations against County Staff, lamentations about being blindsided by developers, a few new faces from the public, absence from those whose neighborhoods aren’t *directly* impacted by things on the agenda”
- Why do you Love Crozet? Part 2
- The Crozet Board of Trade met
- Crozet Real Estate Conversation – 2nd Quarter 2016
- Public involvement matters as Crozet grows
- Why do you Love Crozet? Part 1
August (15 posts)
- Crozet Cycling Club got new high-viz kits
- Have you read the Downtown Crozet District code?
- 190 Apartments are coming to Old Trail
- Crozet Park continues to grow
- CCAC Meeting Recap. Again, lots of good and relevant Crozet stuff here.
- After 6 years, Crozet Elementary got a new sidewalk
- Emerson Commons – Cohousing coming to Crozet
- The August 2016 Crozet Gazette was, as always, great
- Childcare is a huge need in Crozet.
- Old Trail’s next commercial phase was released.
- If Crozet became a town, what might its budget look like?
September (16 posts)
- About that Snob Zoning Story – this had quite the discussion, and is extremely important and relevant
- The Crozet Express! – Bus service between Crozet and Charlottesville
- Crozet Park is looking good
- CCAC meeting recap – “The new Master Planning process, seemingly without County authorization/approval (no judgment, sometimes it’s better to just do something rather than wait), Crozet Express, and a lot more.”
- Crozet Board of Trade Meeting recap.
- Delivery Agent files for bankruptcy
- Foothill Crossing’s rezoning approved
- The Crozet Bike Shop was announced
- Good discussion about Crozet’s housing buildout
- I wrote about how Crozet needs a dictator
October (11 posts)
- Greenhouse Coffee is awesome
- Crozet in the Fall is special
- October’s CCAC meeting wrap up
- Crozet Schools, growth, and population discussion. This is never going to be solved.
- Re-Store n Station rezoning denied
- Crozet’s 3rd Quarter real estate market update
- Sidewalks might be coming near Harris Teeter
- Chalk Kindness at Brownsville Elementary
- Another response to the Snob Zoning story, this one focusing on the business needs
November (14 posts)
- Crozet Board of Trade Recap
- Great Valu sold
- Peeked into Smoked BBQ
- CCA meeting recap
- Results of the Crozet Express survey
- So. Many. Crashes. on 64
December ( XX posts)
- Changes at Great Valu
- Crozet Trails Crew helps the Blue Ridge (Crozet) Tunnel Foundation
- CCAC Meeting Recap -Robotic cars, property rights, NIMBYs and more
- Service Tax Districts in Albemarle County?
- So many RealCrozetVA facebook posts