Last night’s town hall at Crozet Library with our representative, Steve Landes was well attended.
First, thank you to Mr. Landes for having town halls; it’s welcomed.
Third – more of this, folks. Local politics matter.
My highlights from last night (you can see all the tweets by clicking here)
- Mr. Landes does not trust any national news. At all.
- Does not know who won the popular vote in the 2016 election.
- Bill Schrader asked Mr. Landes to look into the Charlottesville – Albemarle revenue sharing agreement
- Health Care was a big topic.
- People were asking questions (this time about common sense gun laws) who seemed nervous; I see this as a good thing – that more people are becoming more involved
- One of the best questions of the night – ““As a Republican, is remaining silent good enough? “” The answer, apparently, is “yes.”
- 22% of Virginia budget is spent on Medicaid
- In response to a great comment regarding using existing ABC infrastructure to sell legalized marijuana, Mr. Landes deferred to the federal government. (more info) — my opinion: legalized pot brings in needed revenue and helps address the opioid crisis.
- Reasonable discussion about gas tax.
- Gerrymandering was a big topic; I never heard an answer.