A lot happened in Crozet in 2017.
Good stuff, some less good stuff, but 2017 ends with lots of new construction (about 1/3 of home sales in Crozet last year were new builds), more civic awareness and frustration, traffic, strong community, great shops, Perrone Robotics, a new privately- designed master plan, Great Valu changing & becoming the Crozet Market, the Crozet Calendar was well used, CCAC meetings provided a wealth of information, and Storify died.
For 2018, let’s be good to each other, get informed and involved even when something doesn’t affect your backyard, remember why we all choose Crozet, and be nice.
What follows is a snip of some of the highlights of 2017, as seen through the RealCrozetVA blog lens. The blog is the home of everything; the RealCrozetVA ecosystem includes Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I know this; the archives on the blog provide a valuable historical archive for the past decade+ in Crozet.
As I made my way through the year in review (for the second time), one thing is clear – a lot of the stuff happening now started months and years ago (see: NIFI, Adelaide, the Vue, transportation).
As a reminder, I’m a Realtor. My career and profession is representing buyers and sellers. I write/manage RealCrozetVA, now entering its 12th year, as a service to the Crozet community, and because I think RealCrozetVA comprises a “good thing.”
Questions/comments welcomed, here, at the FB post, or contact me.
Here we go.
- CCAC Meeting Recap – 18 January 2017
- Board Games & Card Games
- Crozet Real Estate Conversation – Looking back at 2016, forward to 2017
- Close 250 for Two Weeks, Or Slow-Go for Several Months?
- Crozet Transforms from Suburban Outpost to Health and Fitness Epicenter
- Steve Landes Town Hall at the Lodge – 1-3-2017
- A Fit Crozet
February (14 posts)
- Be Nice to your Neighbors, Please
- Neighborhood Improvement Funding Initiative
- Perrone Robotics Cars on the Roads
- Closing Little Ivy Creek Bridge – For 2 Weeks (Summer 2018)
- Quick Real Estate Data in Crozet
- CCAC Meeting Recap – Transportation, Transportation, Transportation
- The Vue – 126 Apartments in Downtown Crozet – Begins
- An Adelaide Perspective you May Not Have Considered
- Adelaide Rezoning Fails; By-Right Development Moving Forward
- Notes from the Crozet Master Plan Committee Meeting
- Crozet Needs Water?
- Wariness of the Crozet Master Plan
- Crozet Master Plan Survey Meeting – 23 March 2017
- Neighborhood Funding Initiative Meeting Recap
- Crozet Board of Trade Meeting – 20 March 2017
- Temporary Signal at 151/250
- Crozet Trails Add to Crozet’s Connectivity
- Crozet Tack & Saddle Has Moved – to the Old Flowershop
- What is It? (the graffiti)
- Crozet Board of Trade asked for Donations
- CCAC April 2017 Recap
- Great Valu – Now Open ’til 9
- Thanks for Cleaning Up Under the Bridge
- Crozet’s Real Estate Market Update – Spring 2017
- Roundabout Coming to 250 & 240 — Sooner than Expected
- Recently on RealCrozetVA Facebook
- May 2017 CCAC Meeting Recap
- WAHS Crew Win Virginia State Regatta Championships
- Y’all Means All
- $9 Million for a Road to Downtown Crozet & Square Improvements?
- CCAC Wrap-up – 21 June 2017
- Mountainside Getting a Memory Care Unit
- Sk8Crozet Skate Park Coming to Fruition
- Thankful for Crozet Fire & Western Albemarle Rescue
- CCAC Meeting Recap – July 2017
- Crozet Trails Etiquette
- Trails, Trails, Trails
- Crozet Real Estate Market Update – Mid-2017
- Four Projects Coming to Crozet
- Wyant’s Store was closing, then it wasn’t
- Soil Remediation Ongoing at Acme Visible Records Site
- We Are Western
- Take the Crozet Community Survey – by 20 August 2017
- Traffic in Crozet (letter from a reader)
- Perrone Robotics Bringing Great Things to Crozet
- Prepping for Crozet’s 2018 Real Estate Market – at NestWest
- CCAC September 2017 Meeting Recap
- More Deliberate RealCrozetVA Facebook Posts
- This Is What’s Being Built Next to PRN
- Growing Crozet Thoughtfully & Sustainably
- Planning for School Growth
- More Houses Along 240?, Re-Store N Station Resubmittal, Downtown, & NIFI
- CCAC Meeting – Boy Scouts, Western Park, Downtown Crozet Redevelopment
- Discolored Water in Crozet is Fine
- Western Park Survey
- Where is the Crozet Express?
- Perrone Robotics Expanding, More Jobs in Crozet
- Crozet Real Estate Market Update with David & Jim – 3rd Quarter 2017
- Walk to School Day at Crozet Elementary
- A(nother) Bad Day on 64
- Dedicating a Crozet Trails Bridge
- Restore N Station & Creekside at Albemarle Planning Commission – 5 December
- Crozet Angel Tree 2017 – Fully Supported!
- Coyotes in Crozet (and in Old Trail)
- Loving the Crozet Trails
- Crozet Cycling’s Easy Riders Take a Road Trip
- CCAC Meeting Recap
- Crozet Yoga Moving to Crozet Shopping Center
- General Election Results – 2017 – Nearly 60% of Crozet Voters Voted
- Landes Town Hall – 27 December 2017
- Perrone Robotics Open House in Crozet
- CCAC Meeting – December 20 2017 – I couldn’t make it; there are no tweets.
- Deli Coming next to Great Valu