– The Applicant (Milestone Partners) requested and was granted an 8 week deferral.
– The Planning Commission seemingly relied heavily on the CCAC’s opinion and resolution concerning the proposal (I assume this is the one).
– The Barnes Lumber property is currently zoned for heavy industrial.
– Apparently the CCAC voted 10-3 in support of this resolution, but you wouldn’t know that if you didn’t follow the CCAC meeting on Twitter or read the Storify of the tweets as the CCAC have no minutes online for the entirety of 2014 and most of 2013 (and the roster is out of date).
– I’m grateful for those who give their time to tweet these meetings; without them the community would be less informed. Thank you!
– When is the next CCAC meeting? If you support or oppose this proposal, now’s (really, 6 months ago) the time to get informed and involved. These decisions affect all of us.
– Update: the Sec. of the CCAC just called and said that he had just sent all of the missing minutes to the County. We can expect them to be online in the next 48 hours. Thank you to those who alerted the CCAC about this. Transparency is good for all.
Continue reading “Barnes Lumberyard Proposal Decision Deferred 8 Weeks”