Here’s to 2019, with a look at 2018.
I encourage you to spend some time reviewing, and learning about our growing area.
- 118 blog posts
- 12 CCAC meetings
- Hundreds? of tweets
- bunches of Facebook posts
- About 82 Instagram posts
What follows is a snip of some of the highlights of 2018, as seen through the RealCrozetVA lens. The blog is the home of everything – and it’s searchable, and archived; the RealCrozetVA ecosystem includes Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I know this; the archives on the blog provide a valuable historical archive for the past decade+ in Crozet. Reminder: Facebook is evil, and I suspect I won’t be using it in 2020. (and yes, I know FB owns Instagram)
As I made my way through the year in review one thing is clear – a lot of the stuff happening now started months and years ago (see: NIFI, Adelaide, the Vue, transportation).
Crozet has seen quite a few businesses close this year.
I wonder what 2019 will bring.
— realcrozetva (@realcrozetva) December 12, 2018
As a reminder, I’m a Realtor. My career and profession is representing buyers and sellers. I write/manage RealCrozetVA, now entering its 12th year, as a service to the Crozet community, and because I think RealCrozetVA comprises a “good thing.”
January (19 Posts)
- Amtrak Train Hits Trash Truck in Crozet
- Results of the Crozet survey (remember the survey?)
- The series about how *and why* to get involved in Crozet. Ended up being 10 stories. I think it was a very good, and still useful and relevant, series. Really. Schools, infrastructure, water, politics, growth. I covered all of it here.
- Crozet real estate – starting 2018. I should watch this and see how we did with our projections.
- Crozet’s Water Supply
February (8 posts)
- Trains – a part of life in Crozet
- Crozet’s Infrastructure Needs – remember the fire that shut down 240, causing all roads to be jammed?
March (13 posts)
- Crozet Trails Crew remains awesome. And busy
- How does local government work? I led one adult civics class, which was amazingly informative. Lamentably, very few people showed up. Sad, really, as I really wanted this to work. Maybe I’ll try again.
- A Thought on Growth in Crozet
- Why Move to Crozet? – I like this post; neighborhood descriptions in the words of people who live there.
- Crozet Soccer Players Seeking New Fields
- Windy Weekend in Crozet – “I feel so close to my #Crozet community on twitter…mostly during storms and power outages.”
April (13 posts)
- How does local government work? – Albemarle’s Comp Plan
- Evolving Crozet Market (née Great Valu)
- Seeking to expand Mint Springs Trails
- Eastern Avenue Coming … Soon?
- Apartments Coming to Old Trail
- The Vue (apartments) Began
May (6 posts)
- Crozet Market Deli Opened. Hooray! It’s fantastic.
- Crozet Community Garage Closed– now occupied by University Tire
- CCAC May 2018 Recap | Western Park, Crozet Survey – Meetings trudged on
June (7 posts)
- Encore Kids Clothing Now Open in Downtown Crozet (closed, now?)
- Some Crozetians got redistricted to new voting locations
- The Sinkhole in the Square – that was fun
July (10 posts)
- 250’s Ivy Bridge is Open! – VDOT kicked butt on the execution of the bridge replacement
- Mid-2018 Crozet Real Estate Market Update
- Stop at the Crosswalks
- Restore N Station Returns – 2018 Edition
- Thank You for the Fireworks! – always one of the best days in Crozet..
August (9 posts)
- Crozet’s Water Pump Station Coming Online Today
- Jefferson Madison Library – 5 Year Plan Survey
- Co-Working in Crozet idea resurfaces
- ~260 homes coming to downtown Crozet
- Help the Crozet Trails
- Crozet Indoor Sports Facility
- Jarmans Invitational Marathon – this is crazy.
September (7 posts)
- Upcoming Albemarle County School Board Meetings – Y’all should read this.
- CCAC Recap – 19 September 2018
- Being Prepared is Good (In General, but this time it’s Florence)
October (9 posts)
- Fixing the Hum at Yancey Lumber
- October 2018 CCAC Recap | Baseball Lights & more
- Re-Store ‘N Station Trying Again for Longer Hours
November (9 posts)
- Crozet Real Estate Market – Nearing End of 2018
- Autonomous Transit Shuttles! So Cool
- Crozet Angel Tree 2018 – we did it again.
- Crozet Trails Will Cross Lickinghole Creek! – finally!
December (8 posts)
- CCAC – Chesterfield Landing is growing; people were unexpectedly surprised.
- Crozet Avenue is now 25mph, down from 35mph.
- Crozet Library got solar panels.
- The 1st Annual Dark Beer Festival was fantastic